We are delighted that you are considering buying from us. But we do need to ensure you understand the conditions of trade. If you have questions, please let us know at time of ordering in “Additional Notes” or before items are processed and shipped.
Products and Pricing
All pricing quoted is in Australian Dollars (AUD / AU$) and inclusive of 10% GST. Delivery charges are calculated as an additional charge according to the number of item/s ordered and the receiver’s delivery address. All pricing, products and stock availability are subject to change at any time.
Ordering and Payment
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ the Order Processing and Shipping section in this article too.
Place your order on-line through our website or alternatively you can use the Contact Us form and we will assist you. Sometimes the piece has been sold via non-website channels and we will do our best to source alternatives for you to consider or refund the money.
You can select to pay by PayPal (at time of placing order), or pay by Direct Debit (and pay straight away after the order is placed), or Call Me for Payment, or organise a Lay-by (see details below).
We will not consider the stock sold until full payment is in our bank/PayPal account, unless:
- TRCS is the cause of the delay e.g. we are sourcing other crystals for your order
- TRCS agreed to your request for payment by lay-buy or similar arrangements in which case the crystals are marked as “on hold” on the website and held at our premises until full payment is received.
Except for electronic gift certificate purchases, delivery costs are calculated according to the number of item/s ordered, weight, dimensions and delivery destination as per Australia Post satchels and/or as per Sendle courier service.
To calculate the delivery cost place the item/s in your Shopping Cart, enter your Australian postcode for your delivery location, and click Go.
I have to manually maintain the postcode/shipping cost table so things may not seemed as streamlined as you expect. Australia has a bucket load of postcodes not following simple “rules”. If you are remote and calculator comes up short, I will do my best to absorb additional cost especially if insurance is needed but sometimes we just cannot. We will call you to discuss in this infrequent situations.
Read processing section too,
Buying on Lay-buy:
Special Conditions – use Contact Us form and we will send the NSW retail lay buy form.
Direct Debit Payments:
Commonwealth Bank for payments:
The Rock Crystal Shop
SMS (0490 683 788) or email us a copy of the transfer receipt so we will start preparing you goods for shipments once funds clear. You will get the address on the email we send when you place the order. General inquiries ring (+612) 8068 2668.
Order Processing and Shipping
Where we process orders and ship them
Orders received from you are processed by us within three business days of confirmation of cleared funds into our bank account / PayPal account. Most are now done within 24 hours We are trialling this new cheaper cost Sendle/AusPost service in the hope it is effective for both you and for us. We hope most of these arrive 1 to 3 days after they are picked up.
- There is no order processing on Monday as we are closed although with Sendle we can send out.
- We are not responisble for problems with delivery times by couriers and Australia Post.
- We will determine best service to get parcel to you. Both Sendle and Australia Post have tracking service. We don’t find Australia Post Express Post to be any more reliable than Sendle for delivery time or “next day” delivery.
- Sendle includes lost parcel insurance but drops at front door, will leave parcel at your door or take it to a nearby service centre. If you want signature on delievery PLEASE advise.
- Australia Post is cheaper for remote locations.
- Sendle picks up next day.
- Australia Post requires a trip to the Post Office when the shop is shut. We do not post orders when post office is shut as we must manually lodge all orders to have proof of sending (we have had PO staff steal three times). We now send most parcels on the day or the next of when the order is placed.ÂÂ
- Remote locations will be more costly than quoted so we may have to ring you to discuss order if you fall into these as I cannot preset the pricing up correctly.
- We can ship overseas but we will need to quote you the cost separately. Unfortunately we cannot ship to the USA or Canada due to rules of our insurer.
- If we are on holidays or a family emergency occurs then there may be a delay but we will do our best to let you know ASAP via the website or we email you. You can call us if you are at all concerned.
When you will receive your order
Experience shows that most people get their orders 2 to 4 days later after placing order. Need it faster? Send order through and ring us to let us know. We can cancel the order if we cannot satisfy your needs.
We do not accept not responsiblity for Australia Post’s or Sendle’s ability to deliver. From time to time their automated systems go wacky and a parcel seems to go astray for a few days. Rarely however is it completely lost / stolen. We have tracking numbers for parcels so call us if you need to find out what happened. If they fail to deliver as promised, Australia Post requires you to lodge the complain, not The Rock Crystal Shop.
We strongly recommend that you purchase insurance if you place an order.
For Australia Post this is $1.50 for every $99 with $3.40 for “signature on delivery” being required by Australia Post on insurance over $300. Advise us in the “Additional Notes” although we are likely to contact you to confirm on large orders. While we do our very best to pack well,be aware that damage through rough handling or lost of a parcel during transport is only covered if you are insured.We ensure tracking of parcels so that you know when we sent the items and where it is at, but very occasionally items can be lost by Australia Post during transit and you may not even receive up to $50 back from them if you do not have insurance – Australia Post decides payment or not. If the item is lost, Australia Post requires you to lodge the complain, not The Rock Crystal Shop. Sendle offers $300 lost parcel insurance as part of service and $2 for signature on delivery.
Returns, Refunds and Exchanges
Each TRCS piece unique. No handmade crystals or fossils are exactly the same, nor any natural crystal, rock or fossil. Slight colour and sizing variations may occur due to the difference with materials used, lighting at time or photography or placement of piece, and different computer screens and settings. Should you require a specific shade of colour please contact us and we can arrange to send you images of the stock that is available.
Items are sold as is. There are no refunds unless the product description has misrepresented the piece – please check the description and photographs for chips, scratches, etc. We would have already discounted the price if this occurred on polished pieces. While we do our best to describe major imperfections on natural pieces, they ARE natural, so nicks and fractures do occur during their growth and handling.
Change your mind
We do not refund. If you have this concern, discuss it with us at time of ordering. We can send extra photographs or organise for you to see the piece at one of the markets? If you are buying for another person, consider buying a gift certificate.
Lost in transit
We send all parcels by tracked mail unless we agreed with you not to do so for inexpensive items or gift vouchers. If an item does not arrive, ring or email to get tracking number. We will help you with making a claim if Australia Post or Sendle seems to have lost it (very rare).
Damaged in transit
If you receive items that have been damaged in transit from TRCS to you, we are happy to offer you a refund for the cost of the item or an exchange for another item (including associated delivery costs for Australian deliveries, excluding associated delivery costs for international deliveries) if we consider we packed poorly and/or we had not warned you of the items delicacy in the description.
If damage was done by Australia Post or similar then we will help you with your insurance claim if you paid for insurance. Please notify TRCS within 3 days of receiving your goods. All returns and exchanges must be accompanied with the original sales receipt and must be returned to us packaged to avoid further damage.
- All refunds will be processed once the item/s have been received by TRCS.
- Your refund payment will be paid in the same manner as your original payment.
- All returns should be sent to The Rock Crystal Shop.
- Please note that any item returned to us must have a Return Authorisation (RA) Number that we will supply.
- If we have authorised a refund for any items ordered apart from any lost, damaged, or incorrect orders, the order may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 20% for returned merchandise in good condition. This will cover the cost of any re-shipping of goods should that be required. (Please note that in most cases, shipping and handling charges cannot be refunded unless the problem is due to our error).