We are delighted that you are considering buying from us. But we do need to ensure you understand the conditions of trade. If you have questions, please let us know at time of ordering in “Additional Notes” or before items are processed and shipped.
Products and Pricing
All pricing quoted is in Australian Dollars (AUD / AU$) and inclusive of 10% GST. Delivery charges are calculated as an additional charge according to the number of item/s ordered and the receiver’s delivery address. All pricing, products and stock availability are subject to change at any time.
Ordering and Payment
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ the Order Processing and Shipping section in this article too.
Place your order on-line through our website or alternatively you can use the Contact Us form and we will assist you. Sometimes the piece has been sold via non-website channels and we will do our best to source alternatives for you to consider or refund the money.
You can select to pay by PayPal (at time of placing order), or pay by Direct Debit (and pay straight away after the order is placed), or Call Me for Payment, or organise a Lay-by (see details below).
We will not consider the stock sold until full payment is in our bank/PayPal account, unless:
- TRCS is the cause of the delay e.g. we are sourcing other crystals for your order
- TRCS agreed to your request for payment by lay-buy or similar arrangements in which case the crystals are marked as “on hold” on the website and held at our premises until full payment is received.
Except for electronic gift certificate purchases, delivery costs are calculated according to the number of item/s ordered, weight, dimensions and delivery destination as per Australia Post satchels and/or as per Sendle courier service.
To calculate the delivery cost place the item/s in your Shopping Cart, enter your Australian postcode for your delivery location, and click Go.
We use APIs that calculate Sendle and Australia Post prices. These seem to be accurate but only cover the first $100 insurance if not delivered. I will do my best to absorb additional cost especially if insurance is needed but sometimes we cannot. We will call you to discuss in this infrequent situations.
Read processing section too,
Buying on Lay-buy:
Special Conditions – use Contact Us form and we will send the NSW retail lay-buy form.
Direct Debit Payments:
Commonwealth Bank for payments:
The Rock Crystal Shop
SMS (0490 683 788) or email us a copy of the transfer receipt so we will start preparing you goods for shipments once funds clear. You will get the address on the email we send when you place the order. General inquiries ring (+612) 8068 2668.
Order Processing and Shipping
Where we process orders and ship them
Orders received from you are processed by us within two business days of confirmation of cleared funds into our bank account or PayPal account. Most are now processed same day but pickup is next day. You will have a tracking number to see where your parcel is at once it leaves our hands.
- You select either Sendle (currently suspended), Australia Post regular delivery, or Australia Post express delivery.
- However in some circumstances we may chose Australia Post regular post over Sendle. This is likely if you live in a unit complex due to higher chance of theft when couriers leave parcels in common areas.
- If you are eligible for free shipping and you select free shipping, we will select either regular delivery Australia Post or Sendle depending on shipping address and our assessment of its safe receipt by you.
- There is no order processing on Monday as we are closed although with Sendle we can send out. Sendle picks up from us next day.
- Australia Post requires us to travel to the Post Office. We do not post orders when post office is shut as we must manually lodge all orders to have proof of sending (we have had PO staff steal three times).
- Australia Post since March 2020 has a rule that post must be received at the Post Office by 4pm to meet Express Post next day delivery. We cannot make this time frame so most “next day” deliveries will be one day delayed.
- We are not responsible for problems with delivery times by the couriers Sendle uses, and Australia Post.
- We don’t find Australia Post Express Post to be any more reliable than Sendle for “next day” delivery even if shipping address is in the Sydney area.
- Sendle includes lost parcel insurance but drops at front door, will leave parcel at your door or take it to a nearby service centre. If you want signature on delivery PLEASE advise. This increase costs for small weight parcels. It also is suspended during Covid-19 restrictions.
- Occasionally shipping costs are more costly than quoted than we can absorb, especially if you selected free shipping but live in a remote location. Or you bought something delicate so the calculator under-quoted because of the extra packaging required to keep it safe. So we may have to ring you to discuss order.
- We can ship overseas but we will need to quote you the cost separately. Unfortunately we cannot ship to the USA or Canada due to rules of our insurer.
- If we are on holidays or a family emergency occurs then there may be a delay but we will do our best to let you know ASAP via the website or we email you. You can call us if you are at all concerned.
When you will receive your order
Experience shows that most people get their orders 2 to 4 days later after placing order. Need it faster? Send order through and ring us to let us know. We can cancel the order if we cannot satisfy your needs.
We do not accept responsibility for Australia Post’s or Sendle’s ability to deliver. From time to time their automated systems go wacky and a parcel seems to go astray for a few days. Rarely however is it completely lost / stolen. We have tracking numbers for parcels so call us if you need to find out what happened.
Both services try to deliver to advertised but circumstances like bush fires, Covid-19 and Christmas rush can also affect their delivery times.
Both Sendle and Australia Post offer $100 cover in their basic price.
We strongly recommend that you purchase insurance if you place an order that is over $100.
For Australia Post this is $2.50 for every $100 with $3.40 for “signature on delivery” being required by Australia Post on insurance over $300.
For Sendle it is $2 for every $100 with a $A1500 limit.
Advise us in the “Additional Notes” although we are likely to contact you to confirm on large orders. While we do our very best to pack well, be aware that damage through rough handling or lost of a parcel during transport is only covered if you are insured. We ensure tracking of parcels so that you know when we sent the items and where it is at.
Both Sendle and Australia Post will require you to get involved with lost parcel and damaged parcel claims as well as TRCS.
Returns, Refunds and Exchanges
Each TRCS piece unique. No handmade crystals or fossils are exactly the same, nor any natural crystal, rock or fossil. Slight colour and sizing variations may occur due to the difference with materials used, lighting at time or photography or placement of piece, and different computer screens and settings. Should you require a specific shade of colour please contact us and we can arrange to send you images of the stock that is available.
Items are sold as is. There are no refunds unless the product description has misrepresented the piece. Please check the description and photographs for chips, scratches, etc. We would have already discounted the price if this occurred on polished pieces. While we do our best to describe major imperfections on natural pieces, they ARE natural, so please realise that nicks and fractures do occur during their growth and handling.
Change your mind
We do not refund. If you have this concern, discuss it with us at time of ordering. We can send extra photographs or organise for you to see the piece at one of the markets? If you are buying for another person, consider buying a gift certificate.
Lost in transit
We send all parcels by tracked mail unless we agreed with you not to do so for inexpensive items or gift vouchers. If an item does not arrive, ring or email to get tracking number. We will help you with making a claim if Australia Post or Sendle seems to have lost it (very rare).
Damaged in transit
If you receive items that have been damaged in transit from TRCS to you, we are happy to offer you a refund for the cost of the item or an exchange for another item (including associated delivery costs for Australian deliveries, excluding associated delivery costs for international deliveries) if we consider we packed poorly and/or we had not warned you of the items delicacy in the description.
If damage was done by Australia Post or similar then we will help you with your insurance claim if you paid for insurance. Please notify TRCS within 3 days of receiving your goods. All returns and exchanges must be accompanied with the original sales receipt and must be returned to us packaged to avoid further damage.
- All refunds will be processed once the item/s have been received by TRCS.
- Your refund payment will be paid in the same manner as your original payment.
- All returns should be sent to The Rock Crystal Shop.
- Please note that any item returned to us must have a Return Authorisation (RA) Number that we will supply.
- If we have authorised a refund for any items ordered apart from any lost, damaged, or incorrect orders, the order may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 20% for returned merchandise in good condition. This will cover the cost of any re-shipping of goods should that be required. (Please note that in most cases, shipping and handling charges cannot be refunded unless the problem is due to our error).