GENERAL SHIPPING PRICES
Posting to New Zealand – read more here. And then read the rest below.
As at 15-1-24
Now that we are only on-line with a lot of stock to move from our shops,
- TRCS has implemented:
- multi-tier discounts where we have stock excess to TRCS needs e.g. most tumbles, mini pyramids.
- Clearance area for items with 30% or more reduction.
- will include wholesale (to start soon) if you are wanting to buy 250g or 500g of an item excess to TRCS needs.
- If the item is eligible for a discount it will show up on that item’s description page in a green box.
- We still offer subsidized shipping.
- We continue to help with the rising costs so many are experiencing, by discounting shipping when we can send parcels via Australia Post, Australia-wide.
- This subsidizing does not include bulky items like caves which need a courier.
- Australia Post auto-insures for successful delivery up to $100.
- If you do have it successfully delivered and then it is stolen, TRCS and Australia Post do not take responsibility. We find the Lost Parcel Help Desk very good and most times it is just mis-placed.
- You can take the options to pay for extra insurance or “sign on delivery”, or give a post box/collection box address.
- If you select free shipping level then these are the considerations to pay for insurance/SOD as website doesn’t allow selection.
- Read more about transit delivery insurance below.
- We still reserve the right to request you to pay for shipping insurance / sign on delivery if we cannot absorb the extra costs but 90% of the time we part pay some of the extra insurance costs.
- Unusually bulky or heavy postage costs vs order value. e.g. Amethyst caves are automatically excluded from free shipping.
- This offer excludes any money spent on workshops, gift certificates or pickup items.
- If worried about theft – consider Australia Post’s options to use a collection facility. Click here to read more.
Order Processing / Sending Times
TRCS posts 3x per week – usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you place your order by1:30 pm on the day we are shipping there is a good chance it may go out that day.
TRCS will advise via Message Bar at top of website screens, if we are on holidays and there will be a longer delay.
Shipping of Orders
The Rock Crystal Shop now only uses Australia Post for normal shipping of items. Postage is calculated at the checkout based on the options chosen by you (the buyer). Heavy items such as Amethyst Caves and large Fossils will be sent via Couriers or delivered by TRCS if you want it delivered to a local address (currently Sydney metro but subject to change).
For all orders, the postage is determined by the weight and or size of your order and the postcode of delivery, at the checkout stage of your purchase. The exception is heavy items such as caves which will have postage calculated separately as we do not have a Courier interface and we will NOT free ship.
Shipping Times and Tracking
All items will be delivered via Australia Post, except bulky items like caves. If customers would like more information on the location of their items during shipping, it is your responsibility to follow up with Australia Post.
Once your order is dispatched, you will receive:
- an email with tracking information from Australia Post. Please refer to Australia Post Tracking Information, Please click here: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html#/track.
- In our email we ALSO will give you the tracking id.
- And if you go into your account, you can find the information for tracking if you created an account (not sure if it appears if you took the “guest” option).
Approximate Delivery Times
Please note that this is now varied even more than the past due to COVID-19 lock downs, flood, industrial action, etc. Australia Post will not give refunds for express post even if that takes 5 days to deliver!
Australia Post advises the following delivery times which vary based on whether you live in a capital city or a remote rural location:
- Standard Shipping (1-5 business days)
- Express Shipping (1-2 business days to Express Post Network areas – major cities and towns)
- Regional and remote areas can experience longer delivery times.
- With floods, bush fires, Covid-19 lock downs, holidays there may be a slow down of processing by Australia Post.
- Our new integration to Australia Post software means you receive warnings of delays from AP too.
Click here for Australia Post Deliver Times
For very heavy items like caves, special arrangements will be made separately between you, us and a large parcel shipping company like Pack N Send.
Transit Damage Insurance (Extra Cover)
Transit Damage Insurance (Extra Cover) is offered by Australia Post as free for total purchase value of $100 or less. It is an extra $2.75 per $100 dollars or part thereof, in excess of $100. $300 or more there is also $2.75 signature on delivery charge. We may or may not be able to absorb this extra charge. If we cannot we will contact you.
If you choose to not take out insurance you are taking all responsibility if the item is damaged or lost during transit.
Australia Post – Proof Of Delivery
Where Australia Post provides a proof of delivery to the shipping address provided by the customer in their purchase, The Rock Crystal Shop is not liable for any loss as a result of wrongful delivery.
You will receive a tracking id in the email from AP sent when we lodge the satchel at the Post Office. As of 3-3-22, we will also place the tracking id so you can see it in your order in the “My Account” area of the website.
If there is no one at the delivery address, the package may be left at the address or otherwise Australia Post will leave a calling card with instructions for pick up from a designated post office. We will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage incurred by the customer or any person as a result of:
a) delay or mistake caused by our carrier that we have no control over; or
b) by any event which is out of our reasonable control or foresight including but not limited to any delay caused by an incorrect delivery address being provided to us or if there is no one at the delivery address to accept the parcel and it is left by Australia Post at the residence.
If items are not claimed from the Australia Post branch and are sent back to us, The Rock Crystal Shop will not pay for a second delivery to the customer. Please take care to enter the correct address details when you order. If a parcel comes back to us marked ‘return to sender’ the buyer must pay the same postage fee to get the item re-delivered to them again.
Acceptance of Delivery
Customers are responsible for organizing their own acceptance of items based on the delivery options they chose. Any re-delivery of parcels needs to be arranged and paid for by the customer.
Australia Post ALWAYS sends a confirmation of receipt of the item from us. Look for this email as it will have your tracking id and status of delivery. You can also change delivery details. UNFORTUNATELY, some email hosting companies, like Gmail, send us to your junk mail folder.
It is your responsibility to provide the correct shipping/delivery address for your order. If the wrong delivery address is provided, we will not refund your purchase or replace the goods.
Order Does Not Arrive
Australia Post online tools can be used to track your parcel. We encourage customers to track parcels. The Rock Crystal Shop is not responsible for fault of delivery by Australia Post.
Please let us know but we are not able to refund in these circumstances and we will do our best to assist you. If a claim is required, Australia Post will require you to lodge a missing parcel claim. And if AP agrees it is lost and they are at fault, they will ask you to tell us so we can do the claim process.
Remember is your seem to fail to receive parcels to your home, consider Australia Post’s options of a collection facility. Click here to read more.
Delivery Address Information
Please make sure all postal information is correct and up to date, as we take no responsibility for incorrect information or sending your item to the incorrect address. Great care is taken to ensure that your item arrives in perfect condition, free from defect. All our items are carefully packed and posted in secure packaging for maximum protection however please be advised that we do NOT take any personal responsibility for the courier service, with the slim chance the item becomes lost or damaged in transit, we recommend that you pay for the Transit Damage Insurance (Extra Cover) option at the Checkout.
Returns & Exchange Policy
If any goods are faulty we will meet our statutory obligations to provide a remedy, however, The Rock Crystal Shop is not required to provide a refund for change of mind, so please choose carefully.
You can view our Returns and Exchange policy here. Returns and Refund Policy